Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Diploma Party

So I was talked into this entire diploma party thing, you know, and I had no choice... No honestly, the idea of a welcome, goodbye, and diploma party was proposed to me and I liked it. So I made up the following official party invitation and invited all my close friends and relatives, in a total around 33 people.


Indeed, most of them came, and also some others that I didn't remember inviting... Anyways, we had a great time and, as usual in Bavaria, some beer and wine ;)


But before that some official preparation had to be done, such as organizing a small pub in our town. Luckily, I know Markus quite well who runs one of my favourite bars in Bad Tölz, the Bodega.


I covered the drinking costs and asked everybody to bring some exquisite finger foods. Especially all my aunts were kind of excited of this idea. The drawback was that I and Katrin had to prepare some stuff, too. But with some help of our MacBooks and the internet the fog quickly cleared...


... and we decided to prepare Samosas, which took us four hours or so. So let's get the party started and let me introduce you to some people attending:


My Dad and my friends Franz, Lara, and Adrian


Gertrud, Petra, Tom, Rosi, and Sylvia


uncle Markus and aunt Karin enjoying wheat beer


Petra, me, and Sylvia in a conversation


My cousin Berti, his girlfriend Petra, and my Dad in a discussion


My three litlle bros Domi, Chrissi, and Tom drinking beer


Somehow people liked the idea of fingerfood, at least the buffet was always busy :)


The stuggi connection a.k.a. Katrin and Adrian


The "younger" party guests including me


My parents decided both to give some moving speeches


and I was pleased and clapping.


So we had a good family evening, me, Mom, and Dad, ...


and aunt Annelies and my grandmother.


All my guests enjoyed themselves,


there were some nice conversations going on,


and a lot of drunk people in the end, right?


It's a pity that there's only one diploma in a lifetime, but you always find good reasons for family gatherings :) Oh yes, if somebody is interested in my final bill, here it is:

No comments: