Monday, August 25, 2008

Back at Home

To all my Torontonian and Canadian fellows: No this is not some corner in Kensington Market...


... this is the climbing gym of my hometown Bad Tölz.


I am back home in Bavaria!


Back to my home beer, my Lederhosen, and my family!


The upper picture shows my me and my sister Anna a couple of days after my arrival in the Bräustüberl Tegernsee having a good time. One of my welcome presents was slackline and I was trying hard the first days until I finally figured out how to walk without falling off.


But somehow the slackline was always too low and since I was back in my home mountains I decided to do some fun alpine stuff the first days... such as cycling to the Benediktenwand (the north face in the pic below) and give it a solo ascent with my bike shoes. Don't worry, it sounds more spectacular than it actuallt was ;)


Most important thing is that I am back home with my family and so my Mom decided to organize a small welcome back party right at the river Isar with all my close relatives.


And in fact they all came, besides those who messed up the date ;)


As usual at such occasions, the party involved a lot of vine and beer...


... and I guess everybody had a good time and enjoyed the evening.


Right, Mom?


Towards the end I apparently gave a little speech and showed my "academic look" à la penseur :)


Then we dropped everybody above 25, besides my Mom, and went on to the Glory's bar,


where we had even more fun and Caipis!


Well sooner or later, one after the other got tired ;)


And my little brother Thomas as last man standing organized that we all got back home safely!


Unnecessary to mention that I had no more memories of the bike ride home the next day ;) Whatever, I am glad to be back home with all my beloved ones!

No comments: